Unauthorised backfilling of beaches
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU SEE A BEACH BEING BACKFILLED AND YOU THINK IT IS UNAUTHORISED AND IN AN AREA OF THE NATURA 2000 ECOLOGICAL NETWORK?
If you are willing to do something to contribute to the rapid resolution of the situation, you should do the following:
- Contact the port authority responsible for the area in which you noticed the unauthorised activity (e.g. if you noticed backfilling of a beach in Split, you need to contact the Port Authority of Split). You can find contact details of all port authorities in the Republic of Croatia at the following link: http://www.mppi.hr/default.aspx?id=475 or on the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure website (http://www.mppi.hr/default.aspx ).
- Describe the following in detail to the contact person of the port authority: the activity you noticed, the area/location of the activity, the persons/company performing the works.
- If possible, take pictures and attach the pictures to your report.
- Inform the Directorate for inspectional affairs of the Ministry of Environment and Energy, as well as the county administration in the area of the unauthorised activity. You can also provide them with pictures, if any.
- In case that you do not want to act on your own initiative, you can always contact the Green Phone at +385 72 123456. Do not forget to give the person at the Green Phone all of the information mentioned above.