Three-day seminar for new Green Phone activists
Green Action will host (Frankopanska 1, Zagreb) a three-day seminar titled
Establishment of the Green Phone and Environmental Protection Needs for activists of the recently established Green Phones in Vojvodina and Bosnia and Herzegovina from October 10th to October 12th, 2007.
The seminar is part of the ''Green Phone Network Expansion'' project in partnership with Green Phone Network Croatia, the Environmental Society Bura from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Gorani Movement of Novi Sad and Vojvodina, Serbia.
Four lecturers (Mirela Bilokapić, Valentina Mesarić, Milena Radošević and Jasna Šumanovac) and long-time Green Phone activists Zelenih telefona will discuss the following topics at the seminar:
- Creation and Development of Green Phones
- Environmental Protection Needs
- Goals and Purpose of Green Phones
- Necessary 'Tools' for Commencing Operation
- Rules and Principles of Providing Green Phone Services
- Legal Framework for Environmental Protection (by region)
- Structure and Competence of Institutions in Environmental Protection
- Examples of Calls and Cases by Category and Exercise (case resolving)
Besides the seminar, Green Phone Network Croatia will also present the printed edition of the Manual for providing Green Phone Services. This Manual is meant to be a practical aid to all new and old activists in providing Green Phone services.